Join a leader in the industry!
ASA Kenya makes considerable investments into the success of its people and it is the right place for motivated people to accelerate their career.
Our open positions are posted below. Please check this page regularly, as we frequently post new jobs.
Position: Chief Finance Officer (CFO) - 01 Post
We are hereby inviting qualified citizens of Kenya to be part of our team for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) position.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement preparation and analysis and ensure the financial statements are prepared in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company policies.
- Provide advice and counsel to direct reports, senior managers and others relating to broad scope of responsibilities noted above. Provides financial analysis to a wide range of assignments, often under tight deadlines, to support numerous business processes and initiatives.
- Ensure the company-wide implementation of superior accounting, financial reporting and financial processes and internal controls. This includes developing appropriate processes, procedures and tools to ensure that deficiencies are identified and corrected in a timely fashion.
- Evaluate on an ongoing basis the accounting system, so that it reflects an accurate assessment of the operating revenues and expenses of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal / Government regulations, including taxation.
- Evaluate on an ongoing basis the purchasing system in coordination with department heads so that acceptable controls, approvals and time frames are responsive to the requirements of the organization and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Serve as a key member of the senior leadership team providing leadership and input to management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions.
- Manages annual operating and capital budget process, through review with senior management and Board. Assists with the annual business planning process.
- Directs insurance portfolio for all property and casualty insurance, workers compensation, employee health and welfare benefit programs, player disability and contract guarantee insurance, etc.
- Manage relationships with bankers, auditors and league officials, as appropriate.
- Responsible for cash management system, including daily cash management and cash forecasting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Academic Qualification & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or related subjects.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a MUST.
- MSc/MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 7 years professional experiences as CFO or relevant role is a MUST.
- Preferably Experience in working with NGOs/Financial Institutions/Banks/Consultancy firm.
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g., SAP).
- Ability to strategize and solve problems.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with a Cover Letter indicating current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th September 2022. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Position: loan officer
- Complete group formation in a new area within a maximum of 6/7 months after joining.
- Remain responsible for overall activities of 15 - 20 groups, where each group consists of 15-30 members and the total number of borrowers is 300-360 and/or may be set by management.
- Oversee 3/4 groups per day, five days of the week except Saturday and Sunday and collect weekly savings and installments as per determined rates/rules.
- Take the initiative immediately for collection of the installment whenever a member expresses his/her inability to repay the credit installment due to any special reason, may be through staying at the borrower’s house until recovery or arbitration. Inform the Branch Manager instantly about the default.
- Take initiative to collect weekly savings from the organized groups only after inclusion of the groups in the branch, that is, after approval of the groups
- Prepare the half-yearly plan in advance for disbursing credit to the organized groups and submit it to the Branch Manager.
- Disburse loans following the set rules, such as member's age, savings, scheme, etc.
- Remain responsible in case of any irregularities attached to the Loan Officer portfolio. Try to make proper utilization of credit.
- Maintain savings and credit accounts-related forms/registers correctly on a daily basis. Avoid alterations/corrections or use of white ink on the accounts-related documents.
- Discharge special responsibilities assigned by the Branch Manager for the interest of the organization.
- Sign regularly the attendance book-cum-movement register kept in the branch office.
- Ensure depositing of money collected from the groups as savings, credit installment, insurance and other fees to the branch M-pesa paybill/bank account without any delay. Keeping cash in hand is a punishable offence.
- Fill up the loan application form, daily realizable and realized information sheet.
- Give necessary entries to AMMS on daily basis.
- Take necessary motivational initiative and conduct activities for keeping up high moral of the clients towards organization.
- Perform any other work assigned by the supervisor which is relating to branch activities.
Desired candidate’s profile
- Diploma/degree graduate.
- Aged between 24-30 years.
- Fluency in writing, reading and speaking English/Kiswahili languages.
- Attitude of uplifting the poor in the society. Team Player.
- Willing to relocate or stay in company-provided accommodation rooms.
- Fresher with little or no experience; job training will be provided by experience staff in the microfinance field.
Salary: As per the industry standard.
Job location: At branches within the thirty four counties, however the job is transferable to any branches.
Apply for the current vacancy of Loan Officer here
Note to applicants
ASA International Kenya Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
ASA Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training).