Join a leader in the industry!
ASA Kenya makes considerable investments into the success of its people and it is the right place for motivated people to accelerate their career.
Our open positions are posted below. Please check this page regularly, as we frequently post new jobs.
Position: loan officer
- Complete group formation in a new area within a maximum of 6/7 months after joining.
- Remain responsible for overall activities of 15 - 20 groups, where each group consists of 15-30 members and the total number of borrowers is 300-360 and/or may be set by management.
- Oversee 3/4 groups per day, five days of the week except Saturday and Sunday and collect weekly savings and installments as per determined rates/rules.
- Take the initiative immediately for collection of the installment whenever a member expresses his/her inability to repay the credit installment due to any special reason, may be through staying at the borrower’s house until recovery or arbitration. Inform the Branch Manager instantly about the default.
- Take initiative to collect weekly savings from the organized groups only after inclusion of the groups in the branch, that is, after approval of the groups
- Prepare the half-yearly plan in advance for disbursing credit to the organized groups and submit it to the Branch Manager.
- Disburse loans following the set rules, such as member's age, savings, scheme, etc.
- Remain responsible in case of any irregularities attached to the Loan Officer portfolio. Try to make proper utilization of credit.
- Maintain savings and credit accounts-related forms/registers correctly on a daily basis. Avoid alterations/corrections or use of white ink on the accounts-related documents.
- Discharge special responsibilities assigned by the Branch Manager for the interest of the organization.
- Sign regularly the attendance book-cum-movement register kept in the branch office.
- Ensure depositing of money collected from the groups as savings, credit installment, insurance and other fees to the branch M-pesa paybill/bank account without any delay. Keeping cash in hand is a punishable offence.
- Fill up the loan application form, daily realizable and realized information sheet.
- Give necessary entries to AMMS on daily basis.
- Take necessary motivational initiative and conduct activities for keeping up high moral of the clients towards organization.
- Perform any other work assigned by the supervisor which is relating to branch activities.
Desired candidate’s profile
- Diploma/degree graduate.
- Aged between 24-30 years.
- Fluency in writing, reading and speaking English/Kiswahili languages.
- Attitude of uplifting the poor in the society. Team Player.
- Willing to relocate or stay in company-provided accommodation rooms.
- Fresher with little or no experience; job training will be provided by experience staff in the microfinance field.
Salary: As per the industry standard.
Job location: We operate 130 branches across 38 Counties of Kenya. You will be considered for posting at any of these branches.
Apply for the current vacancy of Loan Officer here
Note to applicants
ASA International Kenya Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
ASA Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training).